Friday, April 12, 2013

Focus Friday: Lemon

Today I will focus on Lemon and how you can use it.

The Essential Oils Pocket Reference has this to say:
"Historical Data: Research by Jean Valnet MD, showed that vaporized lemon oil can kill meningococcus bacteria in 15 minutes, typhoid bacilli in 1 hour, Staphylococcus aureus in two hours, and pneumococcus bacteria in three hours. Even a 0.2% solution of lemon oil can kill diphtheria bacteria in 20 minutes and inactivate tuberculosis bacteria. Lemon oil has been widely used in skin care to cleanse skin and reduce wrinkles and combat acne. Lemon has shown to have antidepressant effects in research done by Komori, et al., 1995.
Medical Properties: Antitumoral antiseptic, improves microcirculation, and immune stimulant, improves memory, relaxation. Rich in limonene, which has been extensively studied in over 50 clinical studies for its ability to combat tumor growth.
Uses: Circulatory problems, arteriosclerosis, obesity, parasites, urinary tract infections, varicose veins, anxiety, hypertension, digestive problems, acne."

When using this oil on skin remember to stay out of the sun for 24 hours since it could increase your chance for a burn.

Curious for yourself? Put 1 drop of lemon on a piece of styrofoam and watch it put a hole through it! It truly will digest toxins.

I personally use this to drink in my water. I always make sure to drink in a glass, not plastic cup. Again since the oils will digest down toxins you would be drinking them as well if you drink out of plastic. My lemon water helps me to curb cravings for sugar. Sometimes I notice a reduction in appetite. As a nursing mother I always make sure to still eat plenty when drinking lemon. It is supposed to help get toxins out of your liver as well. Lemon can be a powerful aid with household cleaning as well! Something else I will be trying soon is using lemon as a deodorant. You can diffuse at work or during school to maintain focus and reduce errors. When I smell lemon I can't help but be happy!

Happy Friday!

Until next time ...


Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment