Friday, April 26, 2013

Focus Friday: Frankincense

Frankincense. This is a big one. I could write for days and still miss a lot. It's like I don't even know where to begin ... but here I go!



I will start with my foundation. A reference from the Bible. (there are over 52 references to frankincense in the Bible)

"And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshiped him; and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh" (Matthew 2:11)

Here is a bit from the Essential Oil Pocket Reference:

"It was well known during the time of Christ for its anointing and healing powers and was one of the gifts given to Christ as His birth. 'Used to treat every conceivable ill known to man,' frankincense was valued more than gold during ancient times, and only those with great wealth and abundance possessed it."

"It increases spiritual awareness, promotes meditation, improves attitude, and uplifts spirits. Frankincense contains sesquiterpenes, which stimulate the limbic system of the brain (the center of memory and emotions) and the hypothalamus, pineal, and pituitary glands. They hypothalamus is the master gland of the human body, producing many vital hormones including thyroid and growth hormone."

And that description is just its aromatic benefit! I use it as a cure all type of oil. It has made 2 dark spots on my face (had been there for years) all but disappear. I use it on skin conditions with great success.

It is also being used (the sacred frankincense) to fight cancer in studies. Here are some links to that information.

Study done at OU Cancer Center right here!

28 days to kill cancer

What is "sacred frankincense"?

Skin cancer

An example of how I use it a few months back was when my dad was about to have a 2nd surgery to remove cancer. It was his only hope of survival. We spent the night before with family and friends just begging and pleading with God for my dad's healing. We placed frankincense on him and layed hands on him. It was such a special time. When I smell the oil now I am reminded of how God heard us that night. He healed my dad! It is an oil that is incredibly special to me. I hope you can find great use for it as well.

Until next time ...


Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment