Monday, April 8, 2013

Fennel and Breastmilk: Take 2!

As you all know I ordered the Fennel oil last month and tried it out by applying some externally to the area for an increase in supply. I did notice just a small difference.

You can read more about increasing your milk supply here.

My baby girl just hit the 6 month mark last week. We are full on in our 6 month growth spurt. At this point I have lost almost all my pregnancy weight by just feeding her (and that was a lot). I am just beginning to run out of my extra fat reserves, so with her appetite in full force as well, I decided it was a sound decision for me to try out this oil internally.

Usually I would get engorged daily. That has NOT been the case these days. I still make plenty but don't have just lots of extra. So I also had the room so to speak for this trial.

I decided to take 2 drops with a spoon of honey every 2 hours. I started in the afternoon. I took it at 2:30, at 4:30, at 6:30, and at 8:30. This was in the evening when I really don't have tons of extra fullness.

The Results

By 8:00 when I went to feed baby girl, I was so full that I was engorged!! It actually surprised me when I went to feed her and felt what had happened. That is awesome! So, I stopped taking it at 8:30 because I was afraid I would get way too engorged.

I am so excited to have this little trick in my back pocket in case I ever feel like I need it some day. But in full disclosure I do know somebody who tried this and did not notice a large difference. If you try it I would love to know your results.

Happy feeding!

Until next time ...


Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment