Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Home made deodorant ... Take 2!!!

I recently did a post on the dangers of commercial deodorant here. I started trying to make my own by doing a spray with raw apple cider vinegar and lemon oil. It works great because it kills all the bacteria and gets rid of any odor.

It did work but I got to where I did not like the smell of the vinegar. So, I made a deodorant paste instead. Here are the ingredients that I used:

Coconut Oil

Baking Soda

10 drops essential oils (optional)

Remember when using coconut oil on your skin to use an unrefined organic high quality oil. This is the one that I used.




I then got a glass jar and put in enough baking soda to fill it about half way up. Then I added in coconut oil and kept stirring until it made a paste. You could then add 10 or so drops of essential oils to scent it and increase antibacterial properties. Lemon or Lavender or Purification would be great choices.



The reasons I like this home made deodorant better:

1. It does not smell like vinegar.

2. The baking soda in it has stopped any sweating from happening in the first place!

3. It is quick and easy.

I just take a little bit on my finger tip and rub it right in. Have fun!

Until next time ...


Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment