Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Be Gone Mastitis! Take That!!

If you don't know what mastitis is ... it is an infection in the ducts of a lactating breast. That's a lot of information so if this post is not for you, kindly close it out now.

I am breastfeeding my 9 month old baby girl. I have never had any infection. This past week I was out of town, and started noticing some soreness in my right side. My thoughts, "Oh NO!" Please not while I am out of town. Over about 2 days the soreness became so intense that I could not even hold my baby because I could not even stand anything to touch it.

I figured I was well on my way to a nasty infection. I had thought about loading up on pain meds because I felt so bad. But I stopped, and remembered to try some oils first. I did not have my reference with me so I just went off of gut instinct.

I had a bottle of Mountain Savory oil. It is a good antibiotic. I decided to just rub it all around that area. I said some prayers hoping it would get in there and get rid of any possible infection that could have occurred.



I followed up with some Frankincense because it is just good at healing everything in my opinion.

Then I did what I teach in my childbirth class. I for the first time did a dangle feeding. That was an interesting experience to get in position for. Haha!

But, later that afternoon with plenty of continued nursing I was PAIN FREE!! How amazing!! I don't have the time or energy for full blown mastitis and I am so thankful that these oils helped in preventing that.

Until next time ...


Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment