Thursday, May 2, 2013

Sizzling Sunburn

I went with my 4 year old on her field trip to the park on Monday. I am so blessed to work at a job where I can be with my kids. My baby came along too.

You know how it is when you are a tired mom. You are so concerned about your kids and don't think twice about yourself. I had made sure both kids were slathered in sun protection, and totally forgot about myself. I stood in the shade a lot that day so I didn't think much of it.

Boy was I wrong!!!



I started to treat it with olive oil and lavender and frankincense. I did that once before bed. The next morning I got up and treated with the same mix every 2 hours. That was my plan at least. But when you are busy being a mom sometimes you just don't take care of yourself the way you should! So I really ended up doing this treatment about 4 times that first day.

Here is what it looked like only 48 hours later!


It's pretty amazing. The shoulder redness is completely gone. My neck still only has a little left. The best part is that My skin did not burn when I was sleeping or when I would move my arms. That was great. I feel like it helped speed up my healing a LOT.

I won't forget to use sunscreen again this summer! I have a recipe to make some using oils and will post that soon.

Until next time ...


Heather



No comments:

Post a Comment