Thursday, March 28, 2013

Streeeeetch Marks

Ah, the joys of pregnancy. Your life changes forever. But so does your body. My body changed when I had children. I am trying to raise my girls to be proud of their bodies. I am proud of mine. Flaws and  all. I have things I am okay with doing to help better my look and things I am not okay doing. One thing I am okay doing is using essential oils. I am confident in giving natural beauty treatments a try.

For some of us, stretch marks are a part of pregnancy. As your skin stretches, sometimes the collagen just can't quiet make it so it breaks. That is the network of fibers holding your skin together underneath its upper layer. Once this break occurs you get a stretch mark. In a way I am proud of mine. It reminds me of a time when my girls were safe and untouched by this crazy world.

Here is a picture from this Birth Without Fear post.


So how do we use essential oils for stretch marks? Here is what my Essential Oils Pocket Reference says. It says that you can apply 3-6 drops of oil neat (straight on) or diluted 50/50 two times daily. The singles used are frankincense, elemi, spikenard, geranium, lavender, myrrh. The blends used are Gentle Baby, Sensation, Valor, White Angelica. Other Young Living products you could try are Tender Tush, Rose Ointment, A.R.T. Day Activator, and A.R.T. Night Reconstructor. 


Just one more side note from me ... if you would need to order an oil from the list to try, and you have a baby or plan to have more, then Gentle Baby would be a great investment. There are lots of great uses for it!

Until next time ...

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment