Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Power Of Prayer (and oils)

I just HAD to share my experience from last night.

It was so powerful for me.

A little background:

My family has caught a virus this week. It is going through my children's preschool (where I also work) VERY quickly. I have other friends that have it too. Both my girls have had fevers and lots and lots of mucous and sore throats.

My sweet little 10 month old does NOT sleep. Ever. She does not nap more than 30 minutes during the day. She does not sleep more than 2 hours at night. She has not slept more than an hour and a half at night in weeks. She has stayed up an average of 2 or 3 hours during the night for weeks on top of all that. If you can imagine I am one tired momma.

Back to last night:

With my baby being very sick I knew I was in for a tough night again. It makes me so sad because I know she needs rest so her body can heal. I have been using Thieves, Eucalyptus Globulus, RC, and Lemon on both girls like crazy. I can tell that the virus is trying to cause a bacterial infection but we seem to be holding it off with use of these germ fighting oils. I put her to sleep about 10:00. She was up by midnight. Nothing new. If anything that was a good stretch of sleep for her. But after that she could NOT go back to sleep from coughing and mucous.

I decided to put more oils on her. The same ones I had been using. I suctioned her. Then I spent the next 2 hours comforting her with my hands on her in prayer. I begged God to give her rest. I begged him to use these oils that HE created to heal my baby. I fully believed that He could and WOULD do this. I mean, He healed my dad of the worst possible type of cancer. So this should be no big deal. God has the power to heal. I believe He does heal everyday. Again these prayers went on for 2 hours as I cuddled and comforted my baby.

Then the most amazing thing happened. Her nose cleared up. She was able to breathe! She feel asleep so hard. Then she slept for FOUR hours. FOUR. That has not happened in many months. She woke up for milk, went back to sleep 10 minutes later and slept another THREE hours!! I knew that God had heard my prayers. He listened to the cries of a tired mother in the night. He used His creation to let my daughter rest.

For me it was a miracle.

What I learned was to use your oils with intent. With prayer. Just how when David asked the Lord to cleanse him with Hyssop in the Bible. Can I get a Hallelujah?!

Until next time ...


Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment