Monday, August 19, 2013

How To Get Rid Of A Headache

I get small headaches now and then. I used to get very severe headaches years ago. If you have had them before you know what I am talking about. It's the headache that you know is heading for the point of no return. It's the kind of headache that takes over your whole body. The kind where you can not move anymore or speak anymore or keep your eyes open.

Last week I had one of these. It was my normal occasional headache or so I thought. Then it starts to pound and force my body to shut down. In the past if it got too bad I have had them last for several days. I DO NOT want to get to that point.

I knew I was within about 30 minutes to 1 hour away from my point of no return. I was starting to not speak and was needing to be still. My instinct was to go for some over the counter medication.

In my oil classes that I teach, we discuss using oils for headaches. So, even though I was nervous about it not working I decided to try the oils first.

I used Lavender around my hairline and the back of my neck. Then I layered it with Peppermint around my hairline and neck. I waited about 10 minutes. It was not as bad but I still wanted to take medication. So I tried the oils again. I put another layer of Peppermint around my hairline and my neck. This time I also added a drop of it the the crown (or top) of my head.

Add caption


Within about 5 minutes I felt much better. I did not feel the need for medicine. Within 20 or so minutes my headache was GONE. It was an amazing victory for me! I saved my liver the job of putting up with filtering out the medication I was planning to take. I did not have to worry about any medicine going into my breastmilk. My favorite part is that it was FASTER than taking medication. It was almost immediate relief.

Maybe this could work on your next headache?

Until next time ...


Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment